Maple Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe serves 20
2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 C brown sugar
1 C granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter melted
4 large eggs
1small can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Don't use an electric mixer! Fold in pumpkin puree with a spatula.
3. Divide batter evenly among cupcake liners. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the toothpick comes out clean. I filled these pretty high
Maple Buttercream Frosting
6 Tbsp vegetable shortening
16 oz confectioners sugar
1Tbsp vanilla extract
1/8 C water
7 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1.Beat the shortening into the confectioners sugar using an electric mixer until crumbly.
2. Add the water a little bit at the time while mixing.
3. Add vanilla extract, and maple syrup
I piped my frosting with wilton large closed tip star and sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top