I SAW SO MANY INSPIRATIONAL POSTS ON PINTEREST ON HOW TO MAKE DIP DYE CURTAINS SO I DECIDED TO FINALLY GIVE IT A TRY, I HAVE BEEN MAKING A LOT OF CURTAINS LATELY FROM SHEETS, THIS IS VERY INEXPENSIVE, MORE INEXPENSIVE THAN BUYING FABRIC BY THE YARD AND ALSO THERE IS NO SEWING REQUIRED .
I BOUGHT FOUR TWIN FLAT SHEETS IN WHITE FROM WALMART. PICURED IS ONLY TWO ON THE WINDOW. UNDER $5.00 A PIECE, ONE BOTTLE OF LIQUID RIT DYE IN AQUAMARINE, FOUND AT ANY CRAFT STORE FOR $3.99. AND ONE BOTTLE OF ROYAL BLUE FOR $3.99 AND YES I ONLY USED THOSE TWO BOTTLES FOR ALL FOUR CURTAINS.
. FILL A LARGE BUCKET HALF WAY WITH VERY HOT WATER AND ONE CUP OF SALT AND BOTTLE OF AQUAMARINE DYE, MIX WELL . I EYEBALLED THE SHEETS , NO MEASURING JUST DIPPED THEM TO WHERE I WANTED THEM TO START. LEAVING ABOUT A FOOT AND A HALF OF WHITE AT THE TOP . AFTER 30 MINUTES I PULLED OUT ABOUT ONE FOOT OF EACH CURTAIN FROM THE TOP FOR A SLIGHT OMBRE EFFECT AND LEFT THE REMAINDER OF CURTAIN TO SOAK FOR A FEW HOURS. NO RINSING, REPEAT WITH OTHER TWO CURTAINS .
AFTER THE FEW HOURS WERE UP I MIXED UP THE ROYAL BLUE DYE, SAME METHOD AND DIPPED ALL FOUR CURTAINS ABOUT ONE FOOT FROM THE BOTTOM INTO THE DYE BATH AND LEFT OVERNIGHT. I DID NOT WASH THESE, ONLY RINSED SLIGHTLY AND HUNG THEM OUT TO DRY.
So I found this dresser on the side of someones curb that they were throwing away noticed the drawers were missing but I knew I can still put it to good use. I browsed through Pinterest and got some really great inspiration. I used about 3 different paint colors I had around the house in a satin finish. I only had to sand the top down.
AN EASY AN AFFORDABLE WAY TO UPDATE OLDER BAMBOO FURNITURE IS TO JUST SPRAY IT WITH A GLOSSY SPRAY PAINT OF YOUR CHOICE , I DID SAND THE BAMBOO DOWN A BIT SINCE IT WAS PREVIOUSLY STAINED, MY SISTER IN LAW MADE SOME BEAUTIFUL COLOFUL NEW PILLOWS AND NOW HERE WE HAVE IT, A NEW PORCH SET!
I bought two full size sheets at Walmart for $11.00 a piece in white, and 2 disks of Gross grain ribbon from AC Moore at around $3.00 each. At first I tried to use the fabric glue which literally sucked! the glue showed through the ribbon and it did not stick. I ended up sewing it straight on with the ribbon still attached to the disk it came in . Keeping the ribbon attached to the disk made it very easy and fast to sew on and in a straight line. I am going to ad two more panels to these windows though , to create a fuller effect.